Broadway Brouhaha

This blog is maintained by Broadway Church. Writings about deep spiritual thoughts can be found and placed here.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SPIRITUAL MUSINGS: Receiving the Blessing

Paul Smith spoke one Sunday on prayer. He said that the one component that is often left out of the prayer cycle is the receiving. In keeping with this, “Conversations with God” says, “When you thank God in advance for that which you choose to experience in your reality, you, in effect, acknowledge that it is there. Thankfulness is thus the most powerful statement to God, an affirmation that even before you ask, I have answered. Therefore never supplicate--appreciate.

“If you have but the faith of a mustard seed, you shall move mountains. You come to know it is there because I said it is there; because I said that, even before you ask, I shall have answered; because I said, and have said to you in every conceivable way, through every teacher you can name, that whatsoever you shall choose, choosing it in My Name, so shall it be.”

“The process of prayer becomes much easier when, rather than having to believe that God will always say, “yes” to every request, one understands intuitively that the request itself is not necessary. Then the prayer is a prayer of thanksgiving. It is not a request at all, but a statement of gratitude for what is so.”

I truly believe that if we just receive what God gives us so generously, without being attached to a certain outcome, everything that comes our way is part of our journey and is ultimately a blessing in our lives.

Carolyn T.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I was so reminded of this post by Carolyn T. when I listened to Marcia this morning.

And I loved the slogan:

Gratitude is an attitude not a platitude.

October 12, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home