Broadway Brouhaha

This blog is maintained by Broadway Church. Writings about deep spiritual thoughts can be found and placed here.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SPIRITUAL MUSINGS: A Goal for the Broadway Blog

A Goal for the Broadway Blog


Broadway Church has a special place in my heart for several reasons. This is where I learned that I could speak with God and that God could speak with me. Healings take place here. Spiritual Gifts can be recognized and utilized here. The power of the Holy Spirit can easily be felt here. This is a place of inspiration through the music, worship, and teachings. My husband and I were married here and so were both of my children. My grandson has attended here. Broadway members and friends are charged with continuing the work of the kingdom.

Since its very conception, Broadway Church has been a refuge for those who were seeking a place of worship where they felt comfortable and at home. My heart’s desire is that this blog will draw new people who are searching for deep spiritual experiences to come to our services and see if Broadway is the answer to their longing.

Carol



I Believe


As a young person growing up Methodist, I recited Sunday after Sunday:

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

Now, still as a child of God, but one who has grown spiritually, I no longer recite my beliefs. They have expanded.

I believe in a Mother/Father God who loves us all.
I believe in miracles, both big and small.
I believe in visions of others and mine.
I believe in healing by the Holy Spirit.
I believe in small, core groups of caring believers to help us on our journey.
I believe in ultimate reconciliation.
I believe in Jesus having many faces.
I believe in the power of prayer.
I believe in the dignity of every human being.
I believe.



Carol

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Smith said...

I love the name Broadway Brouhaha

Carol, you credo was eloquent and inspiring.

Paul Smith

July 15, 2008 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger David said...

Many thanks to Merriam-Webster for the suggestion of Brouhaha as a title. And many thanks to Sheryl for discovering their suggestion!

Carol, I hope you don't mind my "discovering" what you said to include in the description of Broadway Brouhaha that will be included in the blogger.com listing of blogs.

Keep on blogging!!

July 16, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home